88.io Web Barcode Scanner runs on Android and iOS phones without needing installation of any Apps. It scans only on the phone ensuring maximum privacy.
1D Barcode formats currently supported:
- Code 128
- Code 39
- Code 39 VIN - use for Vehicle Identification Number
- Code 93
- EAN Extended - use for serial books EAN13 + UPC5
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Standard 2 of 5
- UPC-E - compressed UPC-A
For trouble free scanning, barcodes should follow the relevant standards e.g. EAN-13 barcodes should have the following:
- Minimum Width 26mm
- Minimum Height 19mm
- Minimum Left and Right Clearance 3mm
- Top and Bottom Clearance 3mm is preferred but not required.
Barcode images should be
- Landscape Mode (image width longer than height)
- Large and Clear (imaged zoomed in and sharply focused)
If the phone camera performance is poor, the web scanner can alternatively accept images from other sources (e.g. SMS, Bluetooth, AirDrop etc.) uploaded from the phone's file system.