The traditional telephone network is a globally accessible secondary communication channel to complement the internet that for your Private Cyberspace primarily runs on.
All Private Cyberspaces come with a phone portal:
- for interaction with people without smart phones
- when the owners cannot interact with their smart phones (e.g. when driving and walking)
- as an "out-of-band" communication channel (e.g. for security checks)
- when internet is not available or of poor quality
You can attach one or more phone number to your private cyberspace so it can interact with others over traditional non-IP telephone networks.
This phone number can be your existing mobile phone number. Once attached you can use it when you want:
- your Private Cyberspace to answer your calls when you are busy
- your friends to call your Private Cyberspace instead of your real phone
Despite the advance of web based technology, the traditional phone network is a great alternative communication channel in some cases:
To save cost, a few Private Cyberspaces can share a common phone portal.
An easy to remember phone number for the public to pick up short voice messages from your Private Cyberspaces.
13 88 13
You want to verify you Your private cyberspace
You call into 138813 in Australia
Collects data from caller into your Private Cyberspace using Voice, DTMF, SMS and Fax.
Ways of specifying the phone number of the private cyberspace you want to contact (the destination phone number):
- SMS: put destination phone number as the first word of the SMS message
- OTHERS: added your phone number
- FAX: as the only number in the Called Subscriber Identification (CSID) fax header field.
+614 99 33 1111
Note: we know CSID is for the SENDER fax phone number but we are using it for the RECEIVER fax number so we can forward the received fax from +614 99 33 1111 to the correct Private Cyberspace.
Specify the phone number of the private cyberspace you want to contact after the call is answered by the Interactive Phone Number.
For you to ring to supply you phone number to the system. This just get the caller number it does NOT actually answer the phone call.
Phone Number Verification process initiated from app.contacttrace.com.au
1800 180 100
If you do NOT want to use the shared portals above, you can get a dedicated phone number for your Private Cyberspace.
With your own dedicated phone number, there is NO need for any portals to forward calls to your Private Cyberspace. All the calls will reach your cyberspace directly.
A list of available dedicated numbers are here:
Click "Choose an option" to see a list of available mobile phone numbers.
All those mobile numbers can receive Voice, Fax, SMS.