Secured File Synchronisation

Secured File Synchronisation

Infinite Disk provides you with end-to-end encrypted file synchronisation that works across all your devices. Since your files are encrypted before leaving your personal devices (phone, laptop etc.) no one except you have access.

Synchronising files across your multiple devices has many benefits:

1. Convenient access to same files on multiple devcies
  2. Create backup copies should a device fail.
  3. Offline access when there is no internet connection.

Seafile

Currently the secured syncing of your Files to Infinite Disk defaults to the open sourced Seafile software, which we will be providing instructions here.

Alternatives

The beauty of having your own Private Cyberspace is that you can use any sync software you like. There are many open sourced alternatives available.

• Syncthing end-to-end encrypted software is particularly useful when you want direct peer-to-peer sync.
  • Nextcloud end-to-end encryption is NOT stable and should be avoided (as of 22-05-02).

Apple iOS

The app can be downloaded from https://apps.apple.com/us/app/seafile-pro/id639202512

1. Add account

The first thing to do is to add an account by following the steps below.

1. Open the app, select "Add account".
  2. Choose "Other Server".
  3. Enter the details below.
    ios_seafile_account
  4. Click on the Login button and if the details are correct, "My Library" will be displayed.

2. File and folder management

"My Library" is the top level location of all the uploaded and created files and folders.

1. To upload an existing file, e.g: a photo, click on the + icon and browse to the location where the photo is stored in the phone and upload.
  2. To create a new file, a new folder, edit the existing files or folders or to sort, click on the 3-dot icon located on the top right hand corner.
    my_library

The files and folders shown in the "My Library" directory will also be available on different Seafile clients, such as on Android and Windows and can be synchronised by refreshing the page.

Google Android

The app can be downloaded from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seafile.seadroid2

1. Add account

The first thing to do is to add an account by following the steps below.

1. Open the app, select "Add account".
  2. Choose "Other Seafile Server".
  3. Enter the details below.
  4. Click on the Login button and if the details are correct, "My Library" will be displayed.
    android_seafile_account

2. File and folder management

"My Library" is the top level location of all the uploaded and created files and folders.

1. To sort the view of the files and folders, click on the 3-bar icon.
  2. To upload an existing file, e.g: a photo or to create a new file, a new folder or edit the existing files or folders, click on the 3-dot icon located on the top right hand corner.
    android_my_library

The files and folders shown in the "My Library" directory will also be available on different Seafile clients, such as on iOS and Windows and can be synchronised by refreshing the page.

Web Browser

Open your web browser and login at https://file.vahfoom3iquahfah.infinitedisk.com

win_seafile_account

1. File and folder management

1. To upload an existing file, e.g: a photo or to create a new file or a new folder, click on the + icon located on the top left hand corner.
  2. To sort the view of the files and folders, click on the 3-bar with an arrow icon.
  3. To edit an existing file or folder, click on the 3-dot icon.
    win_my_library

The files and folders shown in the "My Library" directory will also be available on different Seafile clients, such as on Android and iOS and can be synchronised by refreshing the page.