Working at the opposite ends of the visibility spectrum, Citizen Assisted Contact Tracing (it knows exactly where the virus is, so only need to isolates a few) COMPLEMENTS Vaccination (it does not know where the virus is, so need to jab everyone) by reducing deaths and costs.
Despite high vaccination rates in some countries, problems caused by COVID-19 continues.
Achieving herd immunity through vaccination alone looks unlikely. Citizen Assisted Contact Tracing can cover up vaccination weaknesses before and after Herd Immunity is reached:
- Short Vaccine Protection Durations - NewScientist 2021-12-24 | CNBC 2021-12-08
- More Contagious Than Flu - Yale Medicine 2021-08-26
- Global Vaccine Shortages - BMJ 2021-10-28 | 9 News 2021-12-15
- Stubborn Virus Variants - News Medical 2021-06-29
- Imperfect Transmission Prevention - NY Times 2021-08-14
- Potential Health Risks - AUS TGA 2021-08-26
- Continued Vaccine Hesitancy - Forbes 2021-12-27 | Nature 2021-12-23
- Death in Breakthrough Cases - The Guardian 2021-06-27
- Long Covid in Breakthrough Cases - medRxiv 2021-07-26
- Massive Recurring Costs - NY Times 2021-07-23
- Vaccine Increases Variant Selective Pressure - CNN 2021-07-30 | News Medical 2021-12-8
The CDC might NOT have stopped tracking breakthrough cases in May 2021 if it knew of data centric solutions like Citizen Assisted Contact Tracing which need every bit of data on each vaccine to calculate risks in every encounter.
Current COVID case surges in highly vaccinated countries like USA and those in Europe confirms the unique contributions that non-pharmaceutical interventions like Citizen Assisted Contact Tracing (which protects the citizen before the virus has entered the body) can make.