Reason we are providing National OpenStreetMap API servers:
- We would like to help take load off currently free public API servers.
- There is currently no free Overpass API compatible OpenStreetMap data servers outside Europe (except one in Taiwan).
- We believe in distributed servers -.for redundancy, performance and independence.
- We have plans for new privacy features (e.g. random handling of traffic, hiding of ip addresses etc.).
Currently the following National API Servers are available with PER MINUTE update from the source OpenStreetMap servers in Europe:
- Australia aus.mapapi.88.io
- Canada can.mapapi.88.io
- New Zealand nzl.mapapi.88.io
- United Kingdom gbr.mapapi.88.io
- United States usa.mapapi.88.io
These servers contains the WHOLE data set for each country, they are not proxies or caching servers.
Unlike Community Map Servers (e.g. map.contacttrace.com.au) which has an editable Local layer on top, you CANNOT edit the data directly on these servers.
You CAN edit the data on the official openstreetmap.org servers and then you will see your data on these National OpenStreetMap API Servers.