Supported Linux Kernels
Three of the four Compute Station types use Linux Kernels under their main operating systems.
Note the Operating Systems shown in the diagram are just the main one used for a particular station type, other are Operating Systems are also possible. For example, using Ubuntu in Mesh Stations and Debian in Home Stations.
Following are a list of supported Linux kernels, as of 2023-03-01, all are Long Term Release (LTS) kernels.
|Linux LTS||Ubuntu||Openwrt||Armbian||Hass OS||Porteus Kiosk|
The above kernel versions supported globally, your local Modular Assist might support extra versions.
Default Operating System
- Ubuntu - Ubuntu release cycle | Ubuntu
Application Specific Operation Systems
- Mesh Station - Openwrt - [OpenWrt Wiki] Kernel versions
- Home Station - Armbian - Changelog - Armbian Documentation
- Home Node - Hass OS - https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases
- Secure Console - Porteus Kiosk - Changelog for full releases